Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24, 2008

Dear Isaac,

Daddy played some golf yesterday. It was beautiful weather, and I am so glad he had the chance to get out there. Afterwards, we went out for cheeseburgers and milkshakes. I think you really liked the chocolate milkshake I had!Daddy also talked to you for a while yesterday. You wiggled around a bunch when you heard his voice... we both love it when you do that.

This morning I am playing you "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" which is another song we sing at church. It's a beautiful song about God's deep love for us... so deep that he even sent His son to the cross to die for us. You seem to like this song too. There's the pretty sound of the piano, just like some of the other songs I play for you.

Love you so much, Isaac.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just curious if you ever considered getting your letters to your son published as a help to other families so show the mix of emotions that one goes through with a poor prenatal diagnosis and facing the loss of a a child. I love reading these letters to your son. They bring tears to my eyes because I cannot imagine how you feel and because I have two young children and it brings to my mind my biggest fears of seeing one of them become very ill.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Isaac,
You and your family have inspired me to return to Bible Study and walk deeper in faith. I will be eternally grateful to you for such a gift. You are cherished, baby boy--Jill