Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 17, 2008

Dear Isaac,

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy had to go to the doctor and we got to hear your heartbeat on the ultrasound machine. It was still very, very strong, and you were wiggling around like crazy. I love it when you do that.

We also learned that your birthday is going to be October 7, unless God decides it's time for you to come early. I looked up every book in the Bible with a chapter 10, verse 7, and none of them seemed to fit you very well. Then I looked up Psalm 107. It's pretty long, but there were some verses in there that I loved...

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.


8 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men,
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things.


13 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom
and broke away their chains.
15 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men


19 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
20 He sent forth his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.
21 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men.


43 Whoever is wise, let him heed these things
and consider the great love of the LORD.


There are other good parts of that Psalm, but these were some of my favorites.

As I write this, I am playing you some more music, and you seem to like it. I love being able to share this time with you in the morning. It's very special for Mommy, and I hope it lets you know how much I love you.

I love you, Isaac.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

The Writer Chic said...

Oh Stacy....How glad I am that you found that Psalm. It is perfect. Isaac, one way of the other, has been rescued from the grave. Hallelujah! But I know this hurts...my heart is heavy; I can only imagine the weight of yours. Stay strong, my friend. We love you. (We love you, too, Isaac Timothy.)