Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24, 2008

Dear Isaac,

Last night Daddy and I went shopping to find the perfect blanket for you. I wanted one that was blue, and that would be the softest, snuggliest, most comfortable blanket we could find so that you would always feel comfortable, safe, and warm. A few friends had told us about one at Pottery Barn Kids, a store where I had already found lots of neat things.

I had looked up the blanket on the internet, and it seemed perfect; but, I didn't want to just buy it without the having the chance to touch it and rub it against my cheek to make sure it would be just the right one.

It was. It was perfect. In fact, it's called "My Best Blankie." Daddy agreed that it was perfect. I actually bought two of them, which really confused the lady at the checkout. She asked Daddy and I if we were having twins, and we said no, there's one. She asked if one was a gift, and again, we told her no. She asked us your name, as well, although I am sure that what she was really wondering was why we were buying two of the same blanket.

The truth is that we bought two because Mommy wanted one of her own. I wanted to have one so that if God decides to only give you a few moments with us, I would be able to have the same thing you have, so that when I miss you, I will be able to take it out and hold it, and rub it on my face, and know that it's the same soft, snuggly blanket that's wrapped around you.

I love you so much, Isaac.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Isaac, I am glad to know that you now have the same "best blankie" as Seth. Each night, when I tuck him in, I'll be happy to think of you, safe and sound with your own perfect piece of blue heaven. We love you, dear boy. Sweetest of dreams may you have today.

Valerie said...

You have such a way with words, and Isaac is so lucky to have you as his mom.

I cannot imagine what you are going through, but please know that you have internet friends out there that are supporting you and praying for you.