Dear Isaac,
Yesterday Daddy and I spent a lot of time with Aunt Jolene, Aunt Melinda, Uncle Pearce, Grandpa Gerry and Betsy. We hung out by the pool and played in the water for a bit. It was nice to get to relax and to see them.
Last night was a hard night for Mommy. I had a long talk with God, asking Him why things aren't different, why He hasn't chosen to intervene and heal your little body, and why it seems like our time with you once you're born is going to be very, very short. It makes Mommy really sad and really angry because I want so much for you to be okay. I want to just make things better for you. But I can't. And I don't like that very much.
This morning I woke up with Daddy before he played golf, and then I just layed in bed for a while with my hands on my tummy feeling you wiggle. I just wanted to spend that time with you. I often wonder if you can tell when I do that...if you can feel my hands there. I hope you can. I hope you know that it's me trying to spend time with you in the only way I know how to.
I love you, Isaac.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh Stacy...my heart aches for you. And I have no doubt that Isaac senses your need to just be with him. I KNOW he can hear you...
I remember laying in bed one morning, about 20-some odd weeks, and having horrible contractions (turned out my kidneys weren't functioning right) and Jim laying his hands on my belly telling Seth, "today is NOT your birthday." He calmed down enough for the doctors to be able to treat the other issues, and I knew from then on that my son KNEW us, and that God was allowing us to communicate even then, when we didn't know how long we'd have him him.
Stay strong, young mommy. I know how heavy the weight of your burden is getting. I so wish that I could lighten it for you.
Faithfully yours, M.
Post a Comment