Dear Isaac,
Yesterday we went to the doctor and we got to listen to your heartbeat. The nurse and I both kept laughing because you were moving around so much from the sugary drink and kept kicking the machine they use to listen to your heartbeat. She finally found it, though, beating strongly at 153 beats per minute.
The doctor we met with wasn't the usual doctor we see. This doctor, in fact, suggested many times that Daddy and I not let my pregnancy with you get this far. There's no way Daddy and I would have ever made that choice. God made you and has given you life, and God will decide when it's time for you to be in heaven with Him. The doctor asked me why we wanted to keep you, and I told him that we would never just get rid of you. I could tell that this doctor hasn't met very many Moms and Dads who feel the way we do. You are so special... fearfully and wonderfully made, like it says in the Bible. You matter... your sweet little life matters. I am so proud to be pregnant with you, and I am so proud to be your Mommy.
I love you, Isaac.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I am so sorry that you had to have such a horrible conversation with someone who does not fear God.
You will know the eternal impact your decisions and words made when you look into the eyes of Jesus. He is writing it all in a book. Every word, every decision, every time you glorify Him by trusting.
Read my blog post, "The Books", if you have time...
I have so much respect for you.
Praying.
Post a Comment