Dear Isaac,
Today is Pop Pop's birthday. It's a big birthday, too... he turns 60! I realized yesterday that your birthday will be right in the middle of his and Missy's.
Today is also special because Daddy and I will get to see you on the ultrasound machine again. I really hope you turn your head for us this time so we can get a good shot of your face. I am also hoping the ultrasound lady will be able to get a picture that shows how much hair you have!
I can't believe your birthday is 5 days away. I am so excited to meet you, and I know Daddy is, too. I am looking forward to figuring out whose nose you have and if your little ears are more like mine or more like Daddy's. It's a hard thing, though, because your future with us here is just so uncertain; we want so much for you to be healthy and to be able to keep you with us for a while. We, along with many, many people, keep begging God to allow that to happen. We just don't know. One thing that is certain, though, is that if you're not with us, you'll be with Jesus. And that brings Daddy and I comfort.
I just love you so much, Isaac... it's just something I can't describe. I would do anything to protect you, make you feel better, and to keep you here; but there's nothing to do but pray. And so we do. All the time.
I love you, Isaac.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment