Dear Isaac,
On this day, one year ago, you were born. It was the most glorious day of my life...knowing you has changed me.
I remember when we got to the hospital in the morning, there was already a little gift there for you... a little stuffed lamb... from Taylor and Lenny. We got settled in what would be our room for the day, and nurse Kathy got mommy all hooked up to a bunch of machines and things. One of those machines let us hear your heartbeat. When Mom-Mom, Grandpa Jim, Aunt Kate and Uncle Tim, Pop Pop and Grandma Mia, Grammy and Grandpa Jack all came back to see us before you were born, they could hear your heart beating, too. Some doctors came in to take one last look at you on the ultrasound machine so that they could figure out the best way to get you out of my tummy safely. It was neat to see you in there one last time. Pastor Guy and Pastor Rob came back and prayed with us and they prayed for you... knowing that it's never too late for God to perform a miracle and to heal your sweet little body.
Then, we went to the operating room where you would be born. You were born at 8:33am; and while God did heal your body like we prayed He would, I know I met a miracle that day-- you.
You are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen... your fuzzy hair, your perfect little nose, and cute lips just like daddy's. Daddy and I are so thankful that we got to meet you while you were still alive so that you could feel us hug you and kiss your little face, and so you could clearly hear us tell you how much we love you and how proud we are of you. We do... and we are.
After you were born, nurse Kathy helped us give you a bath an put on the blue little outfit we got for you. Then, you got to meet everyone!! Your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, and some of mommy and daddy's closest friends who also love you very much. We're so glad that they all got to meet you and hold you. You are just precious.
Isaac, do you know that you have changed the world? That your life has impacted many, many people for Jesus? Do you know that there are people who didn't want to go to church who are now going back because of hearing about your life? That over one hundred people played in your golf tournament? That there are people who spend more time with their family, who hug their children a little bit tighter because of you? I am so proud to be your mommy... and I am so thankful that God has chosen to use you in a mighty way.
We miss you so much. We wish that you were here, just learning to walk, babbling out sounds like "dadada" and "mamama", and devouring your first taste of cake. Mommy and daddy know, though, that you are perfectly cared for in heaven... that you are healthy and whole, and that you have everything you need. We are thankful for that; but we still miss you. Deeply.
I love you, Isaac. I am so proud of you. Happy birthday, sweet boy.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Happy Birthday Isaac
Stacy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.
You've been in my thoughts and prayers again today. Happy Birthday precious boy. Isaac, you truly have impacted the world. You are God's blessing as well as a blessing to your Mommy, Daddy, and the rest of us.
Dear sweet Isaac, you have changed the world for the better! Lots of love to you xxx
I was thinking of you today, Stacy, and grateful/proud of you for choosing to trust God and wait on what He would show you, and wanting to give Isaac the gift of his life - however long it was intended to be. He is one of the most beautiful boys I've ever seen, and made a huge mark on this world. A mark on me, too. Your faith and your testimony make me proud to think of you. Because of Isaac, your life reached others that it might not have reached; and I know that waiting for him and meeting him gave your life depth. I suspect you had a deep trust in God before Isaac, but I know (because of Mallorie) that you know with much more certainty because of your losses, that God meets us where He brings us. That we are never alone in those hard places.
I'm grateful that you chose to share Isaac's life publicly here. I love to come back and remember.
Post a Comment